December 4, 2014
- 5 small zucchini squash
- 1 large red onion
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of leftover baked or grilled chicken
- 2 cups of chicken stock (vegetable stock is fine)
- sour cream
- 2 ears of white corn
- 1 pack of Trader Joe’s sun dried tomatoes (julienne cut)
- flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Rough chop the red onion in 1 inch squares. In a small pan, toss the chopped onion and garlic cloves in a tablespoon of olive oil. Place the pan in an oven, preheated at 425 degrees. Let it roast for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- With a large knife and bowl, shave the corn off the ears. Place the corn in a single layer on a pan. Set the oven to broil and place the corn inside. Remove when corn reaches desired char.
- Rough chop leftover chicken and microwave (or pan-sear).
- Rough chop the zucchini squash in 1 inch cubes.
- Place the chopped zucchini and roasted onion and garlic in a blender (I used a NutriBullet). Pour in 1 cup of the stock in. Blend until perfectly pureed. Add more stock if needed for desired consistency.
- Pour the blended mixture in a large sauce pan on medium heat. Once the soup starts to simmer, add 3 tablespoons of sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. Stir constantly for 7 minutes.
- Pour soup in a bowl, top with with chicken, roasted corn and sun-dried tomatoes.