Stone Ground Grits
1 lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined; tails on)
2 Andouille Sausage Links
½ cup Sharp White Cheddar
Cracked Black Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ Yellow Onion (diced)
2 Bell Peppers (1 red, 1 yellow; diced)
1 rib Celery (diced)
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 can Cream of Mushroom
3 Scallions (sliced)
Flat leaf Italian Parsley
1 Lemon (halved)
1. Cook the Grits to according to the package instructions. Season to taste and stir in the sharp white cheddar and butter when it’s done.
1. Season the shrimp with the Creole seasoning and black pepper, rubbing the spice mixture into the Shrimp.
2. Heat a tablespoon of butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté, stirring as they cook, for 1-2 minutes, or until just opaque, and then remove from pan and set it off to the side.
1. Add a tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Add the dices Andouille sausage and sauté until they crisp and caramelize.
3. Then add the onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic, cooking until they soften. Add the Worcestershire and Cream of Mushroom. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Allow the sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes and darken a bit.
1. Pour grits into a bowl.
2. Pour sauce over the grits.
3. Top with the shrimp.
4. Squeeze fresh Lemon over the shrimp and garnish with sliced scallions and fresh flat leaf parsley.
5. Serve immediately.